Innergex is a developer, owner, and operator of renewable energy projects across Canada including hydro (run-of-river), wind, and solar. Innergex was founded in 1990 and now has interests in 30 operating hydro projects, 13 operating wind projects, and one solar project.
This presentation will focus on the projects located in the Sea-to-Sky corridor.
Topics will include:
- Electricity market in BC.
- Project Development and Financing.
- Facility overviews:
- Ashlu Creek G.S. (operation).
- Fitzsimmons Creek G.S. (operation).
- Rutherford Creek G.S. (operation).
- Miller Creek G.S. (operation).
- Upper Lillooet Creek G.S. (construction).
- Boulder Creek G.S. (construction
- Hydraulic Design of Intakes.
- Sediment Management.
- Environmental Compliance.
- Operation and Maintenance Challenges.
- Facility Refurbishment.
5:30 PM – 6:00 PM: Registration and networking. Cash bar available.
6:00 PM – 6:15 PM: Announcements and introductions.
6:15 PM – 7:00 PM: BBQ buffet dinner, dessert, coffee, and tea. Cash bar available.
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Speaker’s presentation.
8:00 PM – 8:45 PM: Questions and answers, followed by a discussion.
8:45 PM – 9:00 PM: Closing.
Cash bar service will be available during social networking and dinner. Please note that the cash bar does not accept debit or credit cards. Please bring cash. Thank you.
Daniel Fortin, EIT
Project Engineer, Innergex Renewable Energy
Daniel Fortin has been a Project Engineer at Innergex Renewable Energy since 2013 with a coop term during the summer of 2012. Daniel graduated from the University of British Columbia in 2013 with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Civil Engineering. His focus on hydrology and hydraulic engineering has proven a strong asset at Innergex.
At Innergex Daniel is part of an in-house engineering group that purses new project developments or acquisitions, supports engineering for construction projects, as well as participates in troubleshooting and refurbishing operating projects. Innergex takes pride in taking the responsibility of the hydraulic design of its hydro projects in-house, and has found this is the best way to ensure a successful project.
Matthew Bieber, EIT
Operations Engineer, Innergex Renewable Energy
Matthew Bieber is the Operations Engineer for Innergex Renewable Energy’s BC facilities. Matthew is a Mechanical EIT who graduated with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of British Columbia Okanagan in 2013. Prior to joining Innergex Matthew worked at Teck Resources’ CESL facility, where he worked in the Operations department on Hydrometallurgical research projects.
At Innergex Matthew is integrated with the operations group working on maintenance planning, production tracking, and operations projects associated with the 16 operating hydroelectric facilities; he also provides support for construction and commissioning of new facilities. Matthew has been with Innergex since 2014.
- Guest/Non-member registration: If you are not a member of APEGBC, you can register online by quickly creating a 'non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photograpy Disclaimer: APEGBC will take photographs at this event and may use those in APEGBC news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including the APEGBC website. By attending this event, you grant APEGBC the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.
- Alcohol Disclaimer: This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.