Non-members/guests are welcome to attend. Please read the full description for details on how to register.
Online registration is now closed. For space availability, please contact email@example.com. Thank you.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Vancouver City Hall,
Main Floor Town Hall,
453 West 12th Ave,
APEGBC Manager, Examinations, Geoscience Registration and Member-in-Training Program
$10.00 +GST = $10.50
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help us predict our catering needs, please register by Friday, March 24, 2017.
After a short networking opportunity, the speaker will discuss the benefits of becoming a P.Eng./P.Geo., application forms, the law and ethics seminar, the ethics test, examples of applicable experience, how to record/document experience, and more. Note that the EIT/GIT Experience Reporting System and process has changed considerably over the past few years, and this session will go over the current requirements.
- 5:30 PM: Registration/Sign-in; Networking (including pizza dinner and drinks)
- 6:00 PM: Welcome and Introduction to APEGBC Vancouver Branch
- 6:05 PM: Mentorship Program
- 6:15 PM: Presentation on How to Obtain Your P.Eng. or P.Geo. Designation
- 7:00 PM: Question and Answer Period
- 7:25 PM: Door Prize Draw
- 7:30 PM: End
Jason Ong is the Manager for Member-in-Training Programs for the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (APEGBC). In this position, he is responsible for overseeing the internship periods for Engineers-in-Training (EITs) and Geoscientists-in-Training (GITs). This involves processing applications as well as maintaining the EIT/GIT Online Experience Reporting System. He also currently oversees all applications for Professional Geoscience licensure and coordinates the Professional Practice Examination.
- Guest/Non-member registration: If you are not a member of APEGBC, you can register online by quickly creating a 'non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: APEGBC will take photographs at this event and may use those in APEGBC news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including the APEGBC website. By attending this event, you grant APEGBC the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.
+ Read full description